Sunday, August 10, 2008

Love, Actually

While I may not agree with or endorse his opinions, I did promise to advertise in my little corner of the world, so check it out. However, note that comparing Love Actually (one of my all-time favorite movies) to a Ballpark frank is a little harsh, in my opinion, and fails to fully account for the stellar soundtrack (including the Beach Boys' God Only Knows, and the instrumental piece Glasgow Love theme, which you should find and listen to even if you don't see the movie), even if he does make passing mention of the superior music.

The movie might not change your philosophies on life or inspire you to change the world, Freedom-Writers style, but if it's cold outside and your day has left you in a state of despair, Love Actually is a perfect compliment to decaf coffee and a tub of low-cal whipped topping (in my world, this translates to hot coccoa and cookie dough).

No comments: