Monday, August 18, 2008

Grown-Up Snow Day

Our power at the office went off a little after lunch today, after the lawn care company accidentally chain-sawed through a power line while cutting branches (ironically, the trees were being trimmed to avoid causing power outages during ice storms). Our back-up batteries depleted quickly, and our generator slowly lost its juice until it gave up alltogether less than 2 hours after the hit. So with the AC dead and the South Carolina sun beating in through the windows, turning our building into a greenhouse, we were sent home at 2:30.

Better than a canceled class (because I have no homework to feel guilty about not catching up on!). I think I'll hit the pool.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

You can't fool me, I know YOU cut the power and blamed it on the helpless lawn peoples. I can see right thru you Karen Miller!