Thursday, May 21, 2009

My favorite email

I have to say, I am a very blessed girl. Really, my life is filled with a myriad of people that sometimes I just can't believe I have the pleasure of knowing. But of all these characters, it must be admitted that there is one above all others whose emails fill me with endless delight, and they are the ones belonging to my dear friend and former 'boss' Ben. Here is why:

Today, I received a note from Ben updating me on all the happy-haps in his life. There are too many quotable quotes to mention, but the part that really set this piece of correspondence apart was the postscript, which read:

PS: You have a thing going with David Beckham on the side and you didn't tell me about it!? Karen, I thought we had a deal about boy stories. I saw the attached photo while I was flipping through GQ...looks like you two are pretty serious! And I thought nerdy boys were your type. Is he even Catholic?

And attached was the picture below:


What's so special about a picture of David Beckham shirtless, you ask? Fair question. Allow me to get a little closer here.


Yes. That is a picture of my face tattooed on David Beckham's torso. I rest my case.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Oh Karen. I am just so happy for you two. You are so much better than his first wife, and a lot hotter I might add:) Love you! Miss you:)

Sushi said...

you know i was about to pop in here and say WTF! how is there someone who ranks higher than me! and then i saw the picture and well, i understand. i don't blame you, lady.

Hannah said...

GAH HA HA HA HAAAAAA
Oh benny ben ben you've done it again, you old scoundrel.